ncm-ceph: Configuration module for CEPH
Configuration module for CEPH This is the module for Ceph versions > 12.2.2 and schema version v2
Features that are implemented at this moment:
- Creating cluster (manual step involved)
- Set admin hosts for monitors
- Configuration file generation
- Checking/adding Monitors and Managers on deployhost
- Checking/adding OSDs per OSD host
- Checking/adding MDSs on deployhost
- Wildcard support in version numbers
The implementation has some safety features. Therefore:
- The config of MON, OSD and MDSs are first checked. If no errors were found, the actual changes will be deployed.
- No removals of MONs, OSDs or MDSs are done. No zapping of disks is implemented.
- When something is not right and returns an error, the whole component exits.
- You can set the version of ceph and ceph-deploy in the Quattor scheme. The component will then only run if the versions of ceph and ceph-deploy match with those versions.
- The schema details are annotated in the schema file.
- Example pan files are included in the examples folder and also in the test folders.
To set up the initial cluster, some steps should be taken:
- First create a ceph user on all the hosts, using ceph-user.pan
- The deployhost(s) should have passwordless ssh access to all the hosts of the cluster e.g. by distributing the public key(s) of the ceph-deploy host(s) over the cluster hosts (As described in the ceph-deploy documentation: http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-start-preflight/)
- The user should be able to run commands with sudo without password included in sudo.pan
- Run the component a first time. It shall fail, but you should get the initial command for your cluster
- Run this command
- Run the component again to start the configuration of the new cluster
- When the component now runs on OSD servers, it will deploy the local OSDs
The configuration information for the component. Each field should be described in this section.
The component is tested with Ceph version 12.2.2 and ceph-deploy version 1.5.39.