NCM::Component::spma::apt - NCM SPMA backend for apt
This document describes how to control the behaviour of the package manager itself. For information on how to manage packages with Quattor, please check http://quattor.org/documentation/2013/04/05/package-management.html.
This plugin implements an apt backend for
ncm-spma, the approach taken is to defer as much work as possible to apt.
A single SPMA run consists of the following steps:
- Setup source directory if required
- Remove sources that are not found in the profile
- Update source cache from upstream sources
- Upgrade already installed packages
- Install packages specified in the profile that are not installed
- Mark any packages installed but not in the profile as automatically installed
- Ask apt to remove all automatically installed packages that are not satisfying dependencies of other packages
Only a very minimal schema is implemented.
Sources listed under
/software/repositories will be configured,
URLs should be followed by the suite and sections required e.g.
http://example.org/debian unstable main
Packages listed under
/software/packages will be installed, version and architecture locking (including multiarch) is fully implemented.